Chi Nei Tsang is a form of abdominal massage that is rooted in Taoism. It focuses on clearing energetic and physical blockages in the abdomen so that the Chi (energy) can flow smoothly.
Chi Nei Tsang treatments:
- Address the digestive, nervous, muscular, respiratory, and immune system
- Promote detoxification and stimulation of the internal organs
- Increase personal connection to body and breath
- Support emotional balancing
Who is a good candidate for Chi Nei Tsang?
Most people can benefit from Chi Nei Tsang, BUT it can be especially helpful for:
- Someone who is having digestive issues: constipation, bloating, diarrhea, acid reflux, diagnosed with SIBO
- Someone who is wanting to address scar tissue and tension from a surgical procedure in their abdomen
- Someone who reports a lot of stress and/or sleep difficulty
- Someone who is feeling emotionally stuck and/or working with a mental health professional to address depression, anxiety, excessive worrying, grief
- Someone who is experiencing chronic muscular pain/tension
- Someone who could use support in connecting with their body in a positive way
What is a Chi Nei Tsang session like?
Sessions start with a thorough intake focused on the client's goals for the session, their health history, energy levels, sleep/digestion patterns, physical activity, and where any pain in the body is felt.
The client will lay on the massage table face up and bring shirt up and shimmy pants down to pubic bone to expose abdomen. We will start with connecting to the breath and having the client sense areas of tension in the abdomen and whole body. I will use manual technique with oil and essential oils to increase circulation, break up areas of tension, stimulate organs, clear pathways of elimination, etc. We may also do specific breathwork or mediations based on the client's needs.
I like to give homework! Homework depends on the client's goals for the sessions. I may have them do daily abdominal breathing, self massage, or meditation. I often also recommend an observational exercise related to their goals.
Feel free to contact me with any questions you have about Chi Nei Tsang and how it could benefit you.
As a bodyworker trained in Therapeutic Massage and Shiatsu, sessions with Amy focus on addressing your immediate concerns as well as the root cause. She takes the time to listen to your concerns and all aspects of your health. Her work is gentle, but deep to unwind patterns that have been held in the body. Sessions together may include assisted stretching, self-care suggestions and aromatherapy. Her work in conjunction with increased body awareness will give you the tools to curb off future pain and stress. Learn more about Amy here. For more information about Amy's practice, visit her professional website.