Here's a decadent vegan chocolate pudding recipe packed with nutrients for your sweetheart's health. It contains:
- dark chocolate, a source of the powerful antioxidants flavonoids
- coconut milk and their medium-chain fatty acids that prevent atherosclerosis,
- and chia seeds with soluble fiber that helps eliminate excess cholesterol and also naturally thickens the pudding.
Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
Makes 4 servings
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 oz dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5-6 Tbsp chia seeds
- Heat the coconut milk in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat. Do not bring to a boil.
- Add chocolate chips and coca powder. Stir until mixed and melted.
- Remove from heat. Stir in maple syrup and vanilla.
- Slowly add chia seeds while stirring the pudding so as to prevent a chia clump.
- Pour into a glass or ceramic bowl, cover and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
Happy Valentine's Day!