- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp honey or agave syrup
- 1 Tbsp Penzey’s ranch dressing spice mix**
- 1 tsp herbamare or ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Put all the ingredients in a high-powered blender. Blend until very smooth and creamy.
Spring-inspired Cobb Salad
Makes 1 serving
- 2-3 cups of your favorite salad greens
- 2 Tbsp dairy-free ranch dressing
- ¼ cup sliced radishes
- ½ snap peas
- ½ avocado, diced
- 3 oz cooked chicken
- sprinkle of cooked, chopped bacon
- In a mixing bowl, toss salad greens with dressing using a tongs. Toss until well-coated then transfer to a plate or serving bowl.
- Top dressed greens with remaining ingredients.
*This recipe is adapted from an unknown source…I think a client shared it with me.
**Make your own ranch dressing spice mix by blending the following ingredients together:
1 Tbsp dried parsley
2 tsp dried dill weed
1 tsp dried chives
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
Jesse is co-founder of Wellness Minneapolis.