- 2 1/3 cups almond flour
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups carrots, peeled + grated
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored + grated
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Add carrot, apple, coconut, and raisins. Combine well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, honey, coconut milk + vanilla.
- Pour wet mixture over dry ingredients and mix very well - the batter will be thick.
- Spoon into muffin tins + place on the middle rack of your oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Instead of raisins, try dried cranberries, currants, chopped dates, or other dried fruit
- Swap duck eggs or a flax "egg" for the chicken eggs
- Instead of honey, use maple syrup, applesauce or mashed ripe banana to sweeten your muffins
- Use olive or coconut oil in place of coconut milk
- Add the zest of an orange for a citrus twist
- Add 1/2 cup pumpkin puree for pumpkin spice flavor
Click here to print this recipe