This is a simple and low-carb dessert.
Click here for a printable PDF
You will need:
- Coconut oil
- Cocoa powder
- Frozen blueberries
- Whipping cream or canned coconut milk (for dairy free)
- If your coconut oil is solid at room temperature (in the fall and winter usually) use a metal bowl and melt the coconut oil over low heat. Once the coconut oil is liquid add some cocoa powder and stir until dissolved. How much cocoa powder you use depends on how strong you want the chocolate flavor
- Pour in frozen blueberries while stirring quickly to coat the blueberries before the coconut oil hardens.
- Let the coated blueberries sit while you either whip cream or make coconut whipped cream (below) for a creamy topping!
Coconut whipped cream
1. Let a can of coconut milk sit for at least 1 day in the refrigerator. This will separate the think coconut cream from the thin coconut liquid.
2. Open the can and scoop out a few TBS of the thick coconut cream
3. Add vanilla and whip just like you would whip whipping cream
4. Enjoy your coconut whipped cream!
Dr. Sara Jean Barrett is a registered Naturopathic Doctor and co-founder of Wellness Minneapolis. She is also the President of the Minnesota Association of Naturopathic Physicians and a Member of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians. Click here to learn more about Dr. Barrett.