Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup Boiled rice
- 1/2 cup grated green mango (unripe)
- salt to taste
- finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp avocado or other neutral-flavored oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- a pinch of asafetida
- 2 dried red chillies (optional, especially for Kapha individuals)
- curry leaves
- 1 tsp peanuts
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Take rice into a dish. The rice should not be sticky.
- Add grated raw mango and salt. Mix well.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well again.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan. Add mustard seeds and let them pop up.
- Add cumin seeds, asafetida, red chillies, curry leaves and peanuts. Fry until peanuts turn reddish.
- Remove from heat and add turmeric powder. Spoon the seasoning over the rice and mix well.
Vanashree Belgamwar is an Ayurvedic practitioner and a Hatha yoga teacher. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery from the University of Health Sciences, India. Her consults focus on balancing all these aspects of life. Listening to her clients and guiding them through their ups and downs is what she likes the most about her practice.