- 1 Bosc pear halved and carved
- 1/2 cup quick rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tincture Black elderberry (optional)
- In a small bowl warm the butter, add spices, mix well with a spoon. Add oats, mix well. Wash and cut pear in half and spoon out the seed areas. On a tray place the pears and surround with tin foil to prop them level.
- Spread mixture evenly across pear surface. Baked at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before eating.
*This recipe serves 2 but can easily be doubled to serve more. It can also be altered to be dairy free and vegan by replacing the butter with coconut oil, add a flair with coconut flakes.
Click here for a printable PDF
Jen Myers-Jones is an Acupuncturist trained in Traditional Chinese Medicine. She promotes the body’s health balance by inserting sterile needles along the meridians of the body. She is compassionate, gentle and loves to inspire people down their healing paths. Jen has been practicing acupuncture since 2013.