In this summer heat I am desperate for some dairy free frozen treats. I made a large batch of these bites and they didn't last long!
A few very ripe bananas
- Chop the bananas in to bite sized discs and place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper
- Place bananas in freezer until frozen solid (note don't let the bananas defrost during the following steps- may need to place back in the freezer to keep them frozen. Letting them defrost and refreeze will cause the bananas to have more of an 'ice' texture)
- Heat coconut oil over low heat and add cocoa powder, vanilla and salt until desired flavor
- Let 'chocolate' mixture cool and start dunking in your bananas then placing the back on baking sheet. Remember to stick whole tray back in the freezer if the bananas start getting soft.
- It may take a few rounds of dunking and freezing to get to the desired chocolate thickness
- Thin a nut butter with some coconut oil over low heat and spread over frozen bananas.
- Refreeze bananas and nut butter until solid
- Continue as outlined above to coat with 'chocolate'