2 cups raw pumpkin seeds (aka pepitas)
2 cups raw sunflower seeds
1/4 cup light molasses
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2-1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Use food processor with the 'S' blade to pulverize pepitas and sunflower seeds into a chunky coarse meal
2. Combine ginger, cinnamon, salt and chia in a separate bowl then add to seed meal; stir well
3. Melt coconut oil over low heat. Combine with molasses and add to seed mixture, stirring to coat evenly.
4. Spread granola on baking sheet covered in foil and bake at 300F for 30 minutes stirring as needed to promote even cooking.
5. Remove from oven once toasted and let cool. It will become more crunchy as it cools.
6. Store in air tight container once fully cooled.
Recipe modified from The Elimination Diet: Discover the Foods That Are Making You Sick and Tired--and Feel Better Fast by Tom Malterre & Alissa Segersten.