Savory Oatmeal Bowl
Makes 1 serving
- 1/2 cup oatmeal cooked (preferably rolled oats or steel cut oats)
- 2 eggs cooked any style
- 1-2 Tablespoons butter
- 1-2 strips of bacon or 1-2 sausage patties or links
- 1/2 -1 cup of vegetables or toppings of your choice. Anything goes, but here are a few suggestions: scallions, garlic, green beans, spinach, green or red peppers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook oatmeal as directed on the package. If you plan to eat several savory bowls in a week, cook a generous amount of oatmeal and reheat when needed.
- Add 1 T. butter to oatmeal after cooked
- Cook or reheat bacon and/or sausage
- Cook your eggs any style you prefer in the bacon or sausage drippings
- Sauté veggies in 1 T. of butter or use leftover vegetables from a previous meal and reheat
- Add some fresh or dried herbs of your liking
- Choose a culinary theme and get creative like a Mexican savory oatmeal bowl: oatmeal, eggs, sausage, black beans, salsa and cilantro. Yum!!
Click here for a printable recipe.
Lynn is a highly intuitive, empathic and creative person. She creates a Reiki session that is uniquely yours. She uses her skills as a Reiki Master and her knowledge in Healing Touch and works with you to balance, harmonize and clear your energy by following your body’s unique energetic needs. She has been exploring and deepening her own understanding of self-care and wellness and believes self-care is a form of self-love. She has learned from her own journey that when she comes back to self-care and love again and again — she returns to her true and essential nature of non-judgment, joy and peace. She would like to help others to do the same as she feels called to be a practitioner and to spread love!