- 1 medium sweet potato – cooked until soft and skin removed
- 1 small ripe banana
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Cinnamon – to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Topping options: dark chocolate chips, nuts, seeds, coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350O
- Using a fork mash the sweet potato and banana in a large bowl
- Add the eggs, almond butter, vanilla, and maple syrup. Mix together.
- Add the remaining ingredients: coconut flour, flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix together until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, and pour batter in pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until sides and top are slightly golden.
- Remove cooked bread from pan. Enjoy warm or cool, and store in refrigerator.
Source/Author – Jeannette Ogden (@shutthekaleup)
For a printable PDF, click here
Dr. Sidney Pharis is a naturopathic doctor specializing in holistic, individualized patient care with specialties in pediatrics, women’s health & hormones, digestive disorders, and thyroid & adrenal dysfunction. She is passionate about building strong relationships with families and finds that the best healing occurs when the whole family is involved. Dr. Pharis believes in addressing underlying root causes of illness and not merely treating symptoms. She takes the time to listen to each patient’s unique story and crafts individualized treatment plans that are effective at achieving long-term health.