The flu virus is quite a doozy this year, so we need to arm ourselves with tools that will protect us from getting sick. There are several simple things you can do on a daily basis to bolster your immune system:
- Stay hydrated - drink at least 3 quarts of water every day.
- Exercise to move your lymphatic system, the "garbage collector" our immune system relies on to rid the body of pathogens.
- Get plenty of rest. This means not only sleeping 7+ hours each night, but having restful waking time too. Give yourself permission to read books and put your feet up this winter.
- Eat your fruits and veggies! They are rich sources of immune-boosting vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Take elderberry syrup daily.
These simple steps bolster an immune system to combat the flu season with ease and grace. Do you have other tips? Please share them in the comment section below.
Jesse Haas is a co-founder of Wellness Minneapolis, Board Certified Holistic Health Coach, and a Certified Massage Therapist. She is also pursuing a MS in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine. Click here to learn more about Jesse.