What I've noticed in the 10 years I've worked as a holistic healthcare provider is that the biggest challenge people face is sticking with a plan. Making the plan is easy! Following through is the hard part. Diets work because they give us rules that we know we can follow...at least for a period of time. Anyone can cut out sugar for 2 weeks to lose weight, for example. But how does going through that effort really do us any good if after that 2 week period we go back to eating donuts for breakfast?
When you hire a health coach, you get a mentor, teacher and cheerleader all in one. More often than not, a health coach offers a program or package of sessions. This structure allows you to develop a relationship with your coach and make diet, exercise and mindset changes that stick. You can expect to meet with your coach for 6-12 sessions, either on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. No two clients have the same needs, so your sessions will be customized to you.
In addition to being a great starting point for making healthful changes, this service can be a terrific compliment to other work in your life:
- Times of transition (career, relationship, etc.) can be incredibly unsettling and also an opportunity to reevaluate what's working in your diet and life and what's not.
- Treatment plans can be overwhelming! Get support implementing dietary and lifestyle changes provided by your naturopathic doctor.
- Unravel cravings and emotional eating alongside dismantling the power these emotions have on you in therapy.
- Create a nutrition plan to support healing and the work you're doing with your acupuncturist. reiki or bodywork therapist.
- Getting into fitness? Learn how to fuel your performance!
Jesse Haas, CNS, LN is a licensed functional nutritionist and certified health coach. She was a founding partner of Wellness Minneapolis and was an active practitioner with the clinic from 2014-2022. To connect with her regarding functional nutrition and health coaching services, please follow this link.