A lot of people are afraid of making their own juice at home because they don’t have a juicer. I don’t have a juicer either, but I still make this 2 times a week in my regular kitchen blender or my Nutribullet.
If you do have a juicer – brilliant! You can probably double or triple this recipe without the water to yield more juice. (Once you’ve juiced all the ingredients, you can add some water to dilute, if you'd like).
- 1 beetroot, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 (or more!) ginger root, peeled and sliced
- juice of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 6-7 cups water
- for a little sweetness, you can add 1-2 teaspoons of raw, organic honey
Directions (for blender):
- Place all the ingredients into your blender and blend for roughly 1 minute – the juice will start to foam at the top and the fibers will collect at the bottom. If you are using a smaller blender: don't overfill it. You'll need to split the ingredients and blend in batches.
- Strain your juice, if you'd like. Then, bottle it up, drink it up and start benefiting from the wonders of beetroot!
Directions (for juicer):
- Peel the lemon and lime.
- Juice the first 4 ingredients.
- Dilute with water and sweeten to your liking.
Clifford, et. al (2015), The Potential Benefits of Red Beetroot Supplementation in Health and Disease: http://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/7/4/2801/htm