This is a recipe to share. It makes a wonderful dish to take to gatherings, picnics or potlucks. Quick to make and there are never any leftovers.
Makes about 10 servings (1 cup each serving)
Dressing: Place all ingredients into a jar and shake.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice 1 large lemon
- 2 Tbsp fruit chutney or apricot jam
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 3-4 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup roasted almonds, cashews, walnuts or cashews (or a mixture)
- 1/2 each of red & green pepper, diced
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery or carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- Cook the rice according to its package until it's just tender, drain.
- Add the other ingredients and mix the dressing in until everything is well-coated.
- Let the salad sit for a 1-2 hours or overnight to cool and to allow the flavors to mingle before eating or serving.
Lynn is a highly intuitive, empathic and creative person. She creates a Reiki session that is uniquely yours. She uses her skills as a Reiki Master and her knowledge in Healing Touch and works with you to balance, harmonize and clear your energy by following your body’s unique energetic needs. She has been exploring and deepening her own understanding of self-care and wellness and believes self-care is a form of self-love. She has learned from her own journey that when she comes back to self-care and love again and again — she returns to her true and essential nature of non-judgment, joy and peace. She would like to help others to do the same as she feels called to be a practitioner and to spread love!