Makes about 2 - 2 1/2 cups
- 4 small apples or 2 large apples
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Rinse apples and cut them into chunks. It is optional to leave the skins on the apples or peel the skins off.
- Place cut apple into a heavy bottomed pan with water, butter and cinnamon.
- Cover tightly with a lid and bring to a boil.
- After the apples reach a boil, take the lid off the pan and turn down to a simmer.
- Simmer apples until all the water is cooked off.
- Allow apples to cool completely and store in a glass container with a tight fitting lid.