- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp honey or agave syrup
- 1 Tbsp Penzey’s ranch dressing spice mix**
- 1 tsp herbamare or ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Put all the ingredients in a high-powered blender. Blend until very smooth and creamy.
Spring-inspired Cobb Salad
Makes 1 serving
- 2-3 cups of your favorite salad greens
- 2 Tbsp dairy-free ranch dressing
- ¼ cup sliced radishes
- ½ snap peas
- ½ avocado, diced
- 3 oz cooked chicken
- sprinkle of cooked, chopped bacon
- In a mixing bowl, toss salad greens with dressing using a tongs. Toss until well-coated then transfer to a plate or serving bowl.
- Top dressed greens with remaining ingredients.
*This recipe is adapted from an unknown source…I think a client shared it with me.
**Make your own ranch dressing spice mix by blending the following ingredients together:
1 Tbsp dried parsley
2 tsp dried dill weed
1 tsp dried chives
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
Jesse Haas is a heart-centered and deeply intuitive nutritionist, with a strong background in health sciences and a stronger commitment to solving the intricate puzzles of her clients health concerns. She combines nutritional counseling and whole foods education to help her clients transform their health in small, sustainable ways. Jesse truly believes in "teaching a (wo)man to fish" so focuses on empowering each client with the knowledge, skills and focus they need to fully hold the reins on their health.
Jesse is co-founder of Wellness Minneapolis.