- Coconut oil
- Cocoa powder
- Coconut butter/mana
- Almond butter
- Metafiber by Metagenics or similar fiber powder
- Maple syrup
- Sea salt
- Chai spice blend
- 4 TBS coconut oil
- 2 TBS cocoa powder (can use more to get a deeper chocolate flavor)
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- 3 TBS coconut butter/mana
- 2 TBS almond butter
- 2 scoops Medifiber by Metagenics
- 1 tsp chai spice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 TBS pure maple syrup
- Melt together all ingredients except the fiber for truffle insides. Once the mixture if fully melted stir in the fiber powder.
- Place mixture in freezer and stir every 5 minutes until firm enough to roll truffles.
- Use your hands to roll truffles in to small balls and place on a baking sheet in the freezer until almost frozen solid.
- Melt all ingredients for the chocolate coating then remove from heat.
- Remove truffles from freezer and drop 3-4 at a time in to the chocolate mixture stirring with a spoon until coated. The frozen balls will cause the chocolate to harden quickly on the balls. Gently place truffle balls back on the tray.
- Once all of the truffles have been dipped once, repeat and dip again until you have the desired level of chocolate on the outside.
- Store truffles in the fridge or freezer to avoid melting.
Makes approximately 20-24 truffles
Dr.Sara Jean Barrett is Co-Founder of Wellness Minneapolis and a naturopathic doctor who treats patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. Her passion for her practice is demonstrated in the strong relationships she builds with her patients. It’s those relationships that allow her to more deeply identify underlying causes of health issues and provide patients with personalized, natural health care options. Learn more about Dr. Barrett by visiting her professional website.