Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup Boiled rice
- 1/2 cup grated green mango (unripe)
- salt to taste
- finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp avocado or other neutral-flavored oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- a pinch of asafetida
- 2 dried red chillies (optional, especially for Kapha individuals)
- curry leaves
- 1 tsp peanuts
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Take rice into a dish. The rice should not be sticky.
- Add grated raw mango and salt. Mix well.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well again.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan. Add mustard seeds and let them pop up.
- Add cumin seeds, asafetida, red chillies, curry leaves and peanuts. Fry until peanuts turn reddish.
- Remove from heat and add turmeric powder. Spoon the seasoning over the rice and mix well.