Savory Oatmeal Bowl
Makes 1 serving
- 1/2 cup oatmeal cooked (preferably rolled oats or steel cut oats)
- 2 eggs cooked any style
- 1-2 Tablespoons butter
- 1-2 strips of bacon or 1-2 sausage patties or links
- 1/2 -1 cup of vegetables or toppings of your choice. Anything goes, but here are a few suggestions: scallions, garlic, green beans, spinach, green or red peppers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook oatmeal as directed on the package. If you plan to eat several savory bowls in a week, cook a generous amount of oatmeal and reheat when needed.
- Add 1 T. butter to oatmeal after cooked
- Cook or reheat bacon and/or sausage
- Cook your eggs any style you prefer in the bacon or sausage drippings
- Sauté veggies in 1 T. of butter or use leftover vegetables from a previous meal and reheat
- Add some fresh or dried herbs of your liking
- Choose a culinary theme and get creative like a Mexican savory oatmeal bowl: oatmeal, eggs, sausage, black beans, salsa and cilantro. Yum!!
Click here for a printable recipe.