- 1 medium sweet potato – cooked until soft and skin removed
- 1 small ripe banana
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Cinnamon – to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Topping options: dark chocolate chips, nuts, seeds, coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350O
- Using a fork mash the sweet potato and banana in a large bowl
- Add the eggs, almond butter, vanilla, and maple syrup. Mix together.
- Add the remaining ingredients: coconut flour, flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix together until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, and pour batter in pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until sides and top are slightly golden.
- Remove cooked bread from pan. Enjoy warm or cool, and store in refrigerator.
Source/Author – Jeannette Ogden (@shutthekaleup)
For a printable PDF, click here