Typically when something is super trendy you can find me running in the opposite direction. This is especially so with the current ‘magical’ Instant Pot craze – I mean, an 8-minute chicken? There’s no way.
So when a good friend forced one on me (she had an extra and likes to see me squirm), I thought it might be a great chance to prove the masses wrong – especially after finding a recipe for a 6 minute spaghetti squash. There’s no way it wouldn’t turn out uncooked or soggy, right? Right. No way.
After reading the user instructions and putting the contraption together I tried it out:
- Wash and dry a medium-sized spaghetti squash
- Cut it lengthwise and scoop out seeds with a large spoon
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Instapot
- Place both spaghetti squash in the Instant Pot, cut sides up
- Drizzle squash with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste
- *optional* spread ____ garlic along the inside of squash
- Close and seal the lid
- Click the manual button (high pressure), and set the timer for 6 minutes
- When timer is done open the Instapot with a quick release
- Use a fork to shred the cooked squash so it resembles spaghetti, and enjoy
It was delicious – perfectly cooked. (I will never admit I was wrong and no one can make me. ;) )