The “Dragon Bowl”: choose your favorites, as few or as many as you want
- 1 bunch of steamed greens (ex: collard greens, mustard greens, kale, swiss chard, or bok choy)
- 1 cup rice or other grains
- 1 cup beans or tofu (adzuki beans or garbanzo beans, etc)
- 4 cups root vegetables or seasonal steamed vegetables (ex: carrots, beets, summer squash, rutabega, parnsip, or zucchini)
- 1 oz. or 1 cup sea vegetables (arame, sea palm, or hijiki, etc)
*optional for cooking with sea veggies:
- 2 Tbsp. tamari or shoyu
- 1/3 cup julienned carrots
- 1/3 cup of onion sliced into thin crescents
- 4 cups of water
“Angelica House Dressing”:
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh parsley, washed, dried, and chopped
- 1 whole scallion / green onion, rinsed and sliced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon umeboshi paste
- 1/2 cup of water
- Prepare the rice and protein of choice, steam the greens and veggies.
- If using sea veggies: Soak for 30 minutes, then simmer in water for 25 minutes with julienned carrots, onion, and tamari.
- Assemble the bowl by layering each component into a colorful pile.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour dressing on top of assembled dragon bowl.
For a printable PDF, Click Here