Adapted from Fed and Fulfilled
My sweetie is allergic to eggs and has high protein needs. Together, these two factors create a complicated breakfast equation. Inspired by some a meal planning project Tara and I have been working on for our upcoming Elimination Diet Group, I made this breakfast hash last weekend. It was delicious! I added more veggies - couldn't resist! - so have added my variations to the recipe below. This made 4 generous servings and reheated very well, which is a promising feature for batch cooking and weekday breakfasts. Try it and let me know if you made any personal revisions that inspired you.
- Heat 1 Tbsp coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, about 7 minutes. Season with thyme and cinnamon. Move to a plate.
- Melt 1 Tbsp coconut oil in the same skillet. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add zucchini, carrots, apple and squash. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables are soften.
- Add the kale, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cooked turkey, remaining seasonings, salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything well and serve hot.
Jesse Haas is a licensed nutritionist and co-founder of Wellness Minneapolis. Her work in nutrition and wellness starts at the intersection of evidence-based nutrition and heart-centered care. She offers individualized and group nutrition services with the mission to empower each client with the knowledge, skills and motivation to take their wellness by the reins.