Bring on the broccoli!
If you have parsley or other fresh herbs growing in your garden, this dish is a must. It comes together in minutes and packs the veggie punch. Serve it with a protein-rich main dish, like Lentil Walnut Burgers or Dr. Barrett’s Kale Burgers, and you have yourself a meal.
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 12-oz bag frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled (if you must) and chopped small
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Mix all the ingredients together and try to wait until you sit down to dinner to eat it. ⠀
- Add more herbs! Fresh basil and oregano taste great with these veggies. ⠀
- Add more veggies! Arugula and nasturtium greens bring a little bite and more color to an already beautiful dish.
Jesse Haas is a heart-centered, licensed functional nutritionist, health coach and co-founder of Wellness Minneapolis. She takes a holistic and personalized approach to her nutrition counseling, helping put the pieces of her client’s health narrative into actionable, sustainable goals. Using health education, culinary education and mind-body medicine she helps her clients transform their health one meal at a time. Schedule a complimentary phone consultation to learn how to use food as medicine to find balance in your own life.