Adapted from Deborah Madison’s recipe in ‘Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone’
Click here for a printable version of this recipe.
- 3 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp caraway seeds
- 1 medium red cabbage, about 2 pounds, quartered, cored, and finely sliced
- 2 Granny Smith apples quartered, cored, and diced or shredded
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Apple cider vinegar
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and caraway, give them a stir, then cook for a few minutes over medium heat until the onion is translucent.
- Add the cabbage and apples and season with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cover tightly and cook very slowly until the cabbage is meltingly tender, up to an hour.
- Taste for salt, season with pepper, and toss with vinegar, to taste.
Lynn is a highly intuitive, empathic and creative person. She creates a Reiki session that is uniquely yours. She uses her skills as a Reiki Master and her knowledge in Healing Touch and works with you to balance, harmonize and clear your energy by following your body’s unique energetic needs. She has been exploring and deepening her own understanding of self-care and wellness and believes self-care is a form of self-love. She has learned from her own journey that when she comes back to self-care and love again and again — she returns to her true and essential nature of non-judgment, joy and peace. She would like to help others to do the same as she feels called to be a practitioner and to spread love!