Bring on the broccoli!
If you have parsley or other fresh herbs growing in your garden, this dish is a must. It comes together in minutes and packs the veggie punch. Serve it with a protein-rich main dish, like Lentil Walnut Burgers or Dr. Barrett’s Kale Burgers, and you have yourself a meal.
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 12-oz bag frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled (if you must) and chopped small
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Mix all the ingredients together and try to wait until you sit down to dinner to eat it. ⠀
- Add more herbs! Fresh basil and oregano taste great with these veggies. ⠀
- Add more veggies! Arugula and nasturtium greens bring a little bite and more color to an already beautiful dish.
Jesse Haas is a heart-centered and deeply intuitive nutritionist, with a strong background in health sciences and a stronger commitment to solving the intricate puzzles of her clients health concerns. She combines nutritional counseling and whole foods education to help her clients transform their health in small, sustainable ways. Jesse truly believes in "teaching a (wo)man to fish" so focuses on empowering each client with the knowledge, skills and focus they need to fully hold the reins on their health.
Jesse is co-founder of Wellness Minneapolis.